Mission RC SFPA
The Research Centre of the Slovak Foreign Policy Association (RC SFPA) was founded by the Act no. 13/2002 Coll. based on the Slovak Government decision number 1113 of November 26, 2003. It was established as a non-profit organization after transformation of the Slovak MFA Institute for International Studies which was a former allowance organization. The Research Centre of the SFPA was registered in Bratislava County Council on January 30, 2004 as an organization performing publicly beneficial duties in creation, progress, protection, revitalisation and promotion of intellectual and cultural values.
In accordance with the statute (Article III), the RC SFPA provides the following publicly beneficial services:
- prepares independent expert analyses of the key questions in a field of international relations and the Slovak foreign policy;
- publishes periodical and non-periodical publications, the role of which is to intesify knowledge in the area of international relations and the Slovak foreign policy and they are at the same time a source of credible academic information in the field of international affairs and the Slovak foreign policy suitable for specialists as well as for a lay public;
- organises professional events and participates in the international expert debate concerning international relations and security research;
- assists in the optimization of an academic discussion about international relations and the Slovak foreign policy;
- provides a creative environment for the rise of a new generation of Slovak professionals in the field of international affairs;
- encourages broader interest of Slovak citizens in global affairs and in a more profound understanding of the importance of foreign policy and its interconnection with domestic politics.