Think Visegrad—V4 Think Tank Platform is a network for structured dialog on issues of strategic regional importance. The network analyzes key issues for the Visegrad Group (V4), and provides recommendations to the governments of V4 countries, the annual presidencies of the group, and the International Visegrad Fund. Think Visegrad covers thematic priorities of V4 including energy security, V4’s internal cohesion, EU institutions and politics, the Western Balkans, relations with Eastern Partnership countries, development assistance, hard security, environmental protection, Roma-related issues, migration, transport, etc.
Formation of the network of V4 think-tanks was one of the priorities of the Czech Presidency in the Visegrad Group of 2011–2012. This idea reflected the long-term interest and willingness of Central European think-tanks to enhance their cooperation within the Visegrad Group and to deepen its cohesion. Think Visegrad was established in 2012 by eight V4 research centers and institutes, and is funded by the International Visegrad Fund.
Founding members of Think Visegrad (in alphabetical order):
- Central European Policy Institute – www.cepolicy.org
- Centre for Eastern Studies (OSW) – www.osw.waw.pl
- Institute for Foreign Affairs and Trade – www.kki.gov.hu
- EUROPEUM—Institute for European Policy – www.europeum.org
- The Society of the Institute of East-Central Europe (TIESW) – www.iesw.lublin.pl
- Institute of International Relations – www.umv.cz
- Research Center of the Slovak Foreign Policy Association – www.sfpa.sk
- Center for Euro-Atlantic Integration and Democracy. – www.ceid.hu
The core network of think-tanks includes these founding institutions with their coordinating abilities. Think Visegrad remains, however, an open platform for cooperation with other think-tanks from all V4 countries. Think Visegrad aims to prepare extensive and detailed long-term analyses focusing on the most important priorities of the Visegrad Group, as well as short-term analyses reflecting the most current and urgent topics. At the same time, the platform will coordinates fellowships.
Think Visegrad Fellowship